ROLE: Initiative Leader – Contributor Initiative
FULL-TIME | MUMBAI-BASED | 10+ YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE
Illumine Foundation works on large-scale knowledge initiatives.
These initiatives aim to address fundamental knowledge failures in society – such as disabling mindsets, poor assimilation of knowledge inputs, poor thinking skills, inability of collectives to design solutions to their own challenges without depending on experts from outside, etc.
We have thus far worked on initiatives which have impacted millions of school children, college-going youth, police, rural housewives, youth in slums, etc. on areas as diverse as awakening self-esteem and an i-can attitude, nutrition education, behavioral change in AIDS, improved engagement with customers and citizens, etc.
One such major initiative is the Contributor Initiative. The goal of the Contributor Initiative is to build a “contributor mindset” in our country, wherein people focus on positive action and finding solutions rather than complaining, blaming, avoiding work, and chasing personal benefit at the cost of collective welfare.
Focus groups include university students, public services, teachers and other members of the education sector, and healthcare sector.
As an intervention leader, you will be responsible for scaling the initiative, which includes:
- Putting together multi-stakeholder projects involving large public and government institutions, funding agencies/ corporate CSR, and the Foundation.
- Managing current projects under the contributor initiative, which include two major State-level universities, covering several educational institutions.
- Assembling the team to help scale the initiative.
What you will need to succeed in this role
- A deep belief that the solutions to our country’s challenges lie within people themselves and not on financial and other resources (i.e., people are creators of their own destiny).
- A track record in taking up complete responsibility for a large developmental/ knowledge intervention, and handling it independently, end-to-end. This includes putting the team together, managing various stakeholders, and working with internal and external experts in various aspects of design and delivery of such initiatives.
- An ability and willingness to reach out to various government, university and public service agencies, and help them recognize the importance of developing a contributor mindset within their organizations.
- An ability and willingness to reach out to corporate CSR and funding agencies, and put together multi-stakeholder arrangements to ensure that the projects are successful on a sustainable basis.
- An ability and willingness to replicate successes across projects, and thereby scale the initiative across the country.